Key technical components
IONIC GENERATOR : Creates ionized gas that acts as a high energy catalyst. It also inhibits the generation of harmful chemicals at a molecular level.
FURNACE CHAMBER: Refractory material that transfers high heat up to 1000 degrees Fahrenheit to waste materials to thermally degrade and disintegrate them in a low oxygen environment.
GAS STREAM FILTRATION SYSTEM: Water scrubber and carbon filter that removes particulate matter, heavy metals and pollutants for clean air emissions.
How does it work without any fuel?
Negative ions provide energy and pollution control
- The furnace chamber is pre-heated to 200 to 300 F.
- A blower drives atmospheric air into the Ionic Generator creating ionized gas with free-flowing ions and negatively charged electrons.
- The oxygen is paramagnetic. Oxygen atoms have two unpaired electrons which are freed in the ionizing process.
- The unpaired electrons get concentrated as they enter the furnace chamber. The heat in the chamber further energizes the free ions and the exothermic reaction of this ionization is accelerated.
- These highly reactive negative ions inhibit the formation of dioxins, furans, NOx and SOx through ionic exchange. Hence, pollutants normally associated with incineration are minimized.
- The heat energy that is released thermally degrades the waste material fiber. Temperature inside furnace rises to up to 500-1000 F.
- Waste matter is thermally decomposed into ash with 2-4% reduction
Gas Stream filtration system
- After passing through a heat exchanger, the exit gas then passes through 5 stages of water spray and baffle system that act as a suppressant to remove toxins and further quench temperatures to protect materials.
- A variety of alkaline solutions are available to sequester carbon dioxide, hydrochloric acid and sulfur dioxide.
- Particulate matter and pollutants fall into the bath. The built-in cartridge filters capture particles as the water is continually recirculated.
- This is a closed loop system with no water discharge.
- The gas stream exits the water scrubber and passes into carbon beds to remove heavy metals, acid gas, dioxins and furans as well as color.
- Activated carbon works via adsorption whereby pollutant molecules are trapped inside the pore structure of the carbon substrate.
- 1 gram of carbon pellets has an internal area of 2 tennis courts.
- Air quality exceeds US EPA standards for air emissions
Operating resources required
6.8 Kilowatts per day for 24 hour usage for water filtration pumps and blowers. This is similar to an air conditioner.
10 to 15 gallons per hour at peak operating temperatures.
Manpower & loading mechanism
One person per shift, who can operate the loading mechanism such as a forklift , front loader or conveyor, or a manual system.
$ 6000 USD per year for consumables – carbon beds, water filters and alkaline water additive.